Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Guilt...NOT

I just became a stay at home mom 2 months ago. I have to say, it is a huge adjustment. After spending 7 years working full time in Child Protection, this is a whole new world. My sweet Lia is almost 2, she's my "little buddy". I have to admit it's a big adjustment for her as well. She's been in daycare fulltime since she was 10 weeks old. It has definitely been a challenge for her as well. I'll just say the road has been bumpy, but we're coming in to smooth sailing. I'm gonna make a big admission here....I LOVE nap time. I am vigilant about naps, she thankfully sleeps about 2-3 hrs each afternoon. Once she's down, I do my few little "chores", then I do the absolute unthinkable. I plop in front of the TV, pop open a diet pepsi and watch General Hospital. I love every minute of it. Not the soap necessarily, just the fact that I can do this. I figure I've worked in a very, very high stress job for 7 years, I've seen and experienced things you usually only read on front pages of the paper and then have nightmares about. I feel not one, single solitary ounce of guilt for my afternoon reprieve. It sure beats the hell out of getting a sticky note from the receptionist that says "dead baby....132 Dunwood Ln". I'll take GH, thank you very much.

1 comment:

Amie V said...

Wow... yeah, I am glad you have GH over the post-it note. And you deserve to enjoy naptime! You've earned it. =D I know how necessary naptime is here, with my nephew and niece... !!!