Friday, November 21, 2008

Why?

Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you, He rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice, blessed are all who wait on Him. Isaiah 30:17-19

Why can I never remember this? Why never live it? Not to go all "Old Testament", ( not that there's anything wrong with that), but this is something I wish I could beat into myself as I think that's the only way to learn it. I struggle with trust. Trust in God, trust in people. I'm not proud of the fact that I'm 35 yrs old and this is still such a HUGE issue in my life. Maybe it always will be. But, at the very least, I wish I could believe that God LONGS to be gracious to me. Not because He was to be or not even just bc he wants to be, but he LONGS for it. Yet, I still struggle with trusting Him, trusting that He desires so much to be gracious. Why?

1 comment:

Amie V said...

i hear ya, jill. trust is one of my big problems, as well... and when i do trust, it seems like it 'always' comes back to bite me. and yet i know, as well, that god has never given me reason not to trust him... i just don't 'feel' it all the time. i don't know how to get past that, either... but if you figure it out, let me know. and i'll do the same! at least we aren't alone in this.... =D