Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My Day.....

I heard once there is a thin veil between children and the unseen realm. Today I believe I was witness to it. My sweet Lia bug is the most amazing person I've ever met, and I don't just say that because I'm her mom. Lia was fortunate enough to be given a new Veggie Tales Silly Songs DVD today, believe me, we were all happy and ready for a change. She and her daddy were watching it before supper. The very last song on the DVD is titled "My Day" and is by Jr Asparagus. As they were watching this sweet song, I saw Lia become visibly upset. Her eyes welled up, her face turned red and I saw tears start rolling down her cheeks. I then looked at her daddy, and the same thing was going on with him. The funny thing, neither knew the other was reacting this way to this sweet song. This is the first time that I've ever seen my daughter exhibit such raw emotion, not because of being hurt, wanting a toy or being tired, but she truly FELT. She was moved by the song, the tone and possibly the words.

Copy and paste this link to hear this sweet song: http://www.playlist.com/searchbeta/tracks#My%20Day%20veggie%20tales

(I wish I was smart enough to backlink, anyone who wants to school me in it, feel free)


One of the sweetest and most touching aspect of the song is the simplicity of it. Yes, God still loves us at the end of the day. No matter what we do wrong, right or not enough, we're loved just because. Sometimes it's too easy to get lost in the theology and the not measuring up, until you hear it from a child's lips, or in this case, and asparagus' lips. So, please take a moment to listen to this song if you've never heard it, and if you have heard it, listen again. You too may just need to be reminded that God loves you.

3 comments:

Reid said...

I know how to backlink now...will email it to you tomorrow!

Amie V said...

kids are amazing... that is such a sweet story. and i do love that song. =)

Lysana said...

Wow! That is precious. We have that same DVD and just watched it about five times. This morning. How sweet that they both reacted that way, but I am especially impressed that Lia did. Such a sweet moment. Thanks for sharing!